Saturday, August 29, 2009

Nick-isms


At almost three-and-a-half years of age, Nick's vocabulary is growing by the day. Jason and I wanted to share some of the gems that Nick has produced over the years:

"No!" - Well, this one is fairly self-explanatory. Also, see: "Mine!" (Incidentally, Bree has recently added this one to her repertoire.
"Uh oh. Here comes the scream. " - Also in relation to Bree, again, probably no explanation needed, especially if you happen to know Bree.
"Silly Doofus." - His pre-school teachers are going to love this one. Nick seems to think that it's a term of endearment and unfortunately, I have no one to blame other than myself for him using this phrase. I did try to pin it on Jason.

"I knew it!" - Usually said rather emphatically. Rarely used correctly.

"This is going to be so exciting for me!" -Also said emphatically. Used for just about everything, from going to see his cousins, to going to the grocery store, to getting to brush his teeth.
"You broke my little heart into a million pieces." -Used when a toy is taken away from him after he's snatched it from his sister. The reverse to this is "You made my heart so happy!" and is used when a toy is taken from his sister and returned to him.

"Ta da!" - Again, usually said rather emphatically and generally involves a very extravagant extension of the arms.

I'm sure there's plenty that I'm missing, but those are the ones that stick out in my mind. Feel free to share if you've heard some from him that I've forgotten or overlooked.

xoxo
Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment