Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy Columbus Day! Well, not really.

Nick had Friday off from school for Columbus Day (which was actually Monday, so I'm not sure why his school celebrated it on Friday, but I digress...)  Anyway, both kids had no school on Friday, so rather than have to actually take care of both of my children by myself for another day, I respectfully requested that Jason take Friday off and we do "family crap" together.  Please note that my "respectful request" sounded like "Unless you want me to find out how much I can get on the black market for a semi-potty trained four-year-old boy, you might want to take the day off from work."

Rather than being trapped in the house with his beloved children and cranky wife, Jason packed his family up and took us all to Milburn Orchards for the day.  Apparently every school in the region decided to fill their school buses with the kids that annoy the teachers the most and send them to the orchard for the day, as well. 

Despite that, we had a good time.  Nana showed up once she was finished with work, which meant that instead of two kids to keep track of, we had two kids and a Nana to try and keep out of the baby goat pen.  And if you're reading this, Lane, for the last time, NO, we will not get you a baby goat for Christmas.  Just like your grandchildren, the baby goats will grow up and no longer be cute and fluffy. 

The kids and I got lost in the maze several times.  Yes, I'm aware that I can see over the maze but I have no discernible sense of direction. Incidentally, having Jason standing outside the maze "patiently" directing me out of the maze?  Not so much with the helpful but it did appear to entertain everyone watching me.

xoxo
Deb

1 comment: