Friday, August 5, 2011

Putting the Grrr in Girl

Yesterday was one of the days when Jason has work and rehearsal which means he leaves in the morning and doesn't return until after I've used bungee cords to strap the kids to their beds for the night.  Since I had the kids to myself I began frantically looking for something... anything... anyone... to entertain Chaos & Mayhem for the day so I could spend the day catching up on Bravo and A&E.

God Bless my Mother, the Brandywine Zoo and Zhanna, their newest resident, a Siberian Tiger.

No, I did not attempt to feed the kids or my Mother to the tiger. I couldn't get to the tiger. They had the tiger in a cage.  Possibly to protect her from horrible people who would try to feed their children or mother to a tiger.  Who would think of doing something like that? 



Last night the Brandywine Zoo ( http://www.brandywinezoo.org/ ) had a reception to welcome their newest family member, a three-year-old Siberian Tiger named Zhanna.  As Jason was busy, I called Mom, and in a moment of weakness, she agreed to go out in public with me and the kids.

A good time was had by all.  My mother is still speaking to me.  I got through the night without actually have to care for my children.  Nick got to see a lot of animals.  Bree got to... well... see for yourself.







xoxo
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment